The Nation, Lagos Office
Business Directory »
Newspaper / Media
Who We Are
A quality, national, newspaper with credible and dependable information. Not beholden to any interest group. Loyalty is to the nation.
To be Nigeria’s newspaper of first choice among discerning readers.
* To provide the general public with information they need to be free and self-governing in a democratic society.
* To vigorously champion a return to fundamental principles of federalism, believing that it is the arrangement that can best advance the multifarious interests of citizens in a country of many nations and faiths such as Nigeria.
* To serve as an independent monitor of power and hold those entrusted with its exercise accountable.
Our Cardinal Principles
• Market Economy
Our Target Audience
• Business and political elite.
• The affluent, the educated, those in leadership positions in all spheres of life; the upwardly mobile, policy makers.
• Those in the B & A segments of the society.
• Business and Economy
• Public Policies
• The Democratic Process and Institutions of Democracy
• Arts & Culture
• Fashion & Lifestyle
• World Affairs
• Education, Health, Law
The Strength of THE NATION:
- The second most read newspaper in Nigeria according to a 2009 survey by ADVAN, AAPN, MIPAN (Major players in the advertising industry in Nigeria).
- The most national newspaper with very strong presence in all the geo-political zones, thus making THE NATION Nigeria’s truly national newspaper.
- The highest circulating newspaper in Port Harcourt, Calabar, Uyo, Yenogoa, Ado Ekiti,/Akure, Abeokuta, Jos/Bauchi, Makurdi and Ilorin.
- The second in Ibadan, Benin, Warri, Kaduna.
- The third most circulating newspaper in Abuja, the nation’s political capital; Kano, the commercial capital of Northern Nigeria, Enugu, Aba, Maiduguri and Lokoja.
- The fourth leading newspaper in Lagos, the nation’s commercial centre.
- The first on the newsstands nationwide.
- Circulates same edition nationwide.
- NATIONSPORT, an 8-page daily pullout; an attractive innovation in sport journalism.
- NEWSEXTRA, our unique way of colourfully touching the grassroots by digging out human interest stories.
- An authoritative newspaper in the forefront of breaking major news and reporting well-researched exclusive stories.
- Parades a galaxy of brilliant and perceptive columnists daily: the best collection in the industry
- Compact layout and colourful pages.
- Unique style of reporting and writing: elevated language, concise – yet detailed analysis, and clarity of thought.
- Strong subscription base in Lagos guarantees the paper on the tables of vital discerning readers.
We are accessed in all nations of the world.