Talon Nigeria Limited, Lagos
Business Directory »
Agriculture & Agro-allied
.....Busy minds integrating technology into agribusiness, fisheries and environment
Talon Nigeria Limited was established in 1984 as an Agro-based Research and Development company which is principally involved in bringing cost-effective, sustainable and appropriate technology and management know-how to bear upon Food, Agriculture, Fisheries and the Environment in Nigeria. Since its establishment, Talon has undertaken various Agro-Based Nationwide projects through which it has steadily built up and consolidated its technical expertise in the agro-based sector and thus resulting in major contributions in Food, Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment.
Talon has about 20 permanent staff and 40 regular consultants and associates, most of whom are members of one or more professional institutions. The cultural diversity of its permanent staff and associates provides a rich pool of language capability for its consultants viz: English, Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo, Spanish, French, German, Dutch.
Talon also provides such services as Project Coordination, Mass Data Processing, Specialist Information, Technology Procurement etc. Furthermore, Talon has access to several well-equipped laboratories (abroad and local) to provide a wide range of analytical services on Water, Food and Soil. Talon’s multi-disciplinary approach to projects and its 50-hectare Research and Development farm at Omilende in Ogun State enable it to provide appropriate solutions to problems in Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment.
In the various stages of sustainable agricultural development, Talon uses the most advanced techniques, e.g. tested processing from its R&D Farm, remote sensing, geographic information systems and computer simulations. Transfer of knowledge about the applications of these techniques to counterpart staff forms an important aspect of the assistance provided to the client in order to ensure project sustainability.
Talon's capability covers several fields of activity; Read about TALON'S CAPABILITY IN AGRICULTURE
Talon is fully registered with the Ministry of Environment in Nigeria, Department of petroleum resources, World Bank, African development bank and the European Union as consultant in the following fields, viz:
- Environmental quality assurance
- Land use planning and land reclamation
- Environmental impact assessment
Talon is also a member of the International Association for Impact Assessment, the Environmental Link and the Environmental Defence Fund.
Talon is one of the leading firms of consultants in the area of Environmental Assessment with capabilities for environmental studies in the following areas; namely
- Advanced pollution monitoring
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental Auditing (EA)
- Environmental Information Database and Management
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Capacity Building and Project implementation
Talon Nig Ltd has been fully involved in providing the following services
- Environmental consultancy (Strategic Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Action plan)
- Development of Agribusiness master plan
- Integrated Agricultural Consultancy
- Aquaculture consultancy (Design and Turn key farms)
- Cargo Terminal Development
- Field Testing of Agricultural Inputs
- Food Industry consulting
- Design, production, supply and installation of Pen and cage culture system
- Talon Institute for sustainable Agribusiness (TISA)