Business Directory »
Queensland Academy was founded on January 8, 1988 by a dynamic and eclectic visionary, Mrs. Adenike Lilian Okudoh, with the original vision of providing quality education to pupils of Nursery/Primary school ages.
The main source of instructions at the inception was the Nigerian National Primary School Curriculum.
We have our humble beginning in a 3-bedroom apartment at Ilesanmi Street, Off Alhaji Masha Street, Surulere, Lagos with 5 pupils, one teacher and a cleaner.
To the glory of God, this seed sown 25 years ago has grown to a reputable international school with many feathers to its cap.
Among our numerous achievements are:
- Ø Movement to our present serene location at 1 – 5 Ebem-Oha Street, Okota, Lagos in August 1994.
- Ø In October 1999, Queensland Private School became an Academy thus, the name “Queensland Academy.” In the same year, it gave birth to the secondary section of the school, with 4 students only.
- Ø In 2006, the school adopted the Nigerian/British curricula and a blend of Montessori in the Nursery section. Thus it qualified as a full-fledged international school.
- Ø The sustained standard of performance in most Entrance Examinations into top schools within Nigeria.
- Ø Successful trips to places of interest within and outside the African continent.
- Ø Excellent performance in both Local and international examinations.
Products from our school are in favourable juxtaposition with their contemporaries (both home and abroad).
- Ø Queensland Academy is rated among the top schools within the country, in curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Ø Our School is a registered and active member of AISEN (Association of International School Educators of Nigeria); APEN (Association of Private Educators in Nigeria); CIE (Cambridge International Examination), to mention just a few. We are also in affiliation with top universities in the world.
- Ø Our “Good Character Counts” initiative is a major school programme that helps build amazing character traits in our pupils/students.
- Ø Participation in various competitions organized by the aforementioned associations and NISSMUNS competition organized by United Nations Organisation. In fact, we successively won the competition twice.
- Ø In accordance to international standard, the class size has a maximum of 15 pupils.
- Ø Ours is an international school, we attract pupils from all over the world. They are taught by professional and competent teachers with the use of modern facilities.
- Ø Presently, we have over 500 pupils/students with over a hundred staff strength.
- Ø We have embarked on further expansion on a 50-acre pieces of land in the neighbouring Agbara Town, Ogun state.
All these tremendous achievements were recorded despite the very tight educational policy under which we operate as private school owners.
While enumerating the milestones achieved by the school, Mrs. Adenike Okudoh pointed out that in spite of the tremendous achievements; there were challenges and expectations from stakeholders.
She said, “Our expectation from the government after 25 years, is infrastructural improvements in roads, power and a reduction of annual levy on private schools.”
The cost of inflation is high, this has made the general cost of running private schools a challenge, I therefore call on stakeholders, to come together, and help raise the standard of education in Nigeria.”
While thanking God for the support of parents, teachers and board members, Mrs. Okudoh promised to continue to strive for partnership and collaborations with stakeholders, locally and internationally, to raise the bar for the school.
Discipline And Moral Conduct
Discipline and moral conduct is taken very seriously. Operating guidelines governing running of the school require parents, all levels of staff and student to confirm to a strict Code of Ethics. These are in keeping with the schools mission to not only achieve academic excellence, but also nurture children to take their place in life as honest, cultured men and ladies, having exemplary integrity and capable of holding leadership positions in whichever society they find themselves.
To offer a distinctive all-round education dispensed by top professionals in a most conducive environment for the preparation of exemplary and meticulously mentored future leaders.
Our CORE VALUES
Respect, Responsibility. Enthusiasm,Adaptability,Passion,Initiative and Team work
To provide top world class education devoid of averages in every ramification.