Mountain of Fire And Miracles Ministry
Business Directory »
Soon after completing his Ph.D. in the United Kingdom, and while working at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research,Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya summoned a prayer meeting. This was on a Wednesday in 1989. Twenty-three brethren showed up at the meeting. The venue of that meeting was in his living room.
After that meeting, the voice of providence kept calling for subsequent meetings. At these meetings, the power of God came down and verifiable miracles began to happen in the lives of the attending brethren. The power of God began to evangelise the prayer meetings and a spiritual explosion began with people coming from far and wide to seek the face of God.
With more and more people attending the prayer meetings, a larger location was required. The prayer meetings moved to #60, Old Yaba Road, Yaba, Lagos. Here, the teeming crowd of believers grew in even more amazing proportion necessitating yet another relocation.
The prayer group was offered and purchased an abandoned slum located at 13 Olasimbo Street, Onike, Yaba. It was a fairly large piece of land near the second gate of the University of Lagos. That slum has now been transformed into the International Headquarters of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries of which Dr. Olukoya is the General Overseer. The name “Mountain of Fire & Miracles Ministries” was revealed to DKO during normal prayer and the church had its first service on April 24, 1994.
GROWTH of MFM
Even at the new location, believers and those seeking help kept coming leading to a very large congregation. This situation posed a challenge of crowd, growth and expansion management to the leadership of the church. Thus, under the direction of the Lord, MFM evolved a strategy of a network of branches in every state capital, local government headquarters, senatorial district and locality. Till this day and across the world, MFM branches spring up as one of the fastest growing churches of this generation. International church branches first started in London before spreading to the United States, Canada, the rest of Europe, the Caribbean, Africa and Asia. On every continent, MFM is profoundly visible and greatly impactful.
STATEMENT OF BELIEVE
The following are the goals and aims of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries as handed to the General Overseer. Listed further below are our Statements of Belief as a church:
- The Scriptures are the inspired Word of God; the only basis for our faith and fellowship
- The One True God, ETERNAL EXISTENT in three Persons. God The Father, God The Son and The Holy Spirit
- The fall and deprivation of mankind, necessitating redemption through the Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Salvation of Mankind is through the Redeeming Work of Jesus Christ and the Regenerative Work of the Holy Spirit. Sanctification is seen as an act of separation from that which is evil
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit - Acts 2:4; 10:44 and 19:1-6
- We believe in Restitution for past wrongs where possible
- The Ordinance of the Church, ego the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism
- The Church Universal, both visible and invisible
- The Ministry, divinely called and scripturally ordained as that approved of Almighty God
- Divine healing as provided by the Lord Jesus Christ
- The Rapture ushering all believers into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and the second advent of the Lord Jesus Christ when He will physically land on the earth
- The Millennial Reign of Christ
- The Final Judgment
- The New Heaven and Earth
MEET DR D. K OLUKOYA
Dr D.K. Olukoya is the General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries. He holds a first class Honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Ph.D in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom. As a researcher, he has over seventy scientific publications to his credit.
His life and Ministry, is devoted to the revival of Apostolic signs, Holy Ghost fireworks and the unlimited demonstration of the power of God to deliver to the uttermost.
He teaches that holiness within and without, is the greatest spiritual insecticide, and a condition for Heaven. He trains your hands to wage war and your fingers to fight against the forces of darkness.
He passionately desires to see God’s people set free from all bondages and fulfilling their God given destiny with the teachings of the Bible applied in all areas of their lives.
As a Prophet, Evangelist, Teacher, Role model and Preacher of the Word, Dr D.K Olukoya continues to spread the message of God’s power to restore, break yokes and for salvation to all nations, thereby bringing about a harvest of deliverance and spiritual breakthroughs by the power of the Holy Ghost.
As a researcher, with a profound prophetic insight into the realm of the spiritual, he has produced a wealth of publications including the best selling “Prayer Rain”.
Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya is happily married to his wife, Pastor Folashade Olukoya and blessed with a son, Elijah Toluwani.