Josad's Heritage International Schools lagos
Business Directory »
Secondary schools - Colleges
Josad's Heritage International Schools is a leading co-educational institution for boys and girls aged two to eighteen. Founded in September 2003, its made up of a High School (SSS 1 - SSS 3) and Junior school comprising of a creche, nursery and basic 1-9. We pride ourselves in excellence maintaining high standards in all that we do. High moral values demonstrated by all staff show the child the underlining principles of JHIS.
Located at Provita (near Ascon) and Toga Zanmu Badagry Lagos Express Way, we are at the idea place to give your wards that away from home touch. Educational facilities include a library, a music room, an art studio, a fully equipped Information Technology laboratory and well organised science laboratories. Sporting facilities include outdoor courts for tennis and basketball, a field for football and sprint games and a multipurpose hall for indoor games. A Board of Governors comprising highly accomplished individuals from Nigeria. Our pupils come from a wide variety of backgrounds in Nigeria and abroad, which greatly enhances the diversity of school life encouraging tribal and inter-racial mixing.
Please do not hesitate to visit the school to see us at work.We encourage parents to become actively involved with the school and its work. We maintain an open-door policy and like to meet with parents over any issue that arise. We hold "Parents Teachers Management Forum " trice each school year. These events are an opportunity for all parents to visit the school and meet with the teachers to discuss the progress of their child or children. To arrange a meeting with any teacher at any other time, kindly contact the Principal in the first instance.
osad's Heritage Int'l. School has the sole responsibility for admitting students into the school through common entrance examination conducted by the exam body.
Admission processes into JHIS are in two stages. The first stage is the written examination in Mathematics and English Language, and second stage is the face-to-face (oral) interview of the prospective students and their parents with the principal. Admission processes into first year of the junior school (J.S.1) are carried out in March and April every year. Resumption is typically in September.
Admission forms can be downloaded online, filled and returned to the school's secretariat with the appropriate processing fees. Alternatively, the admission process can be done online. Further information is then communicated to the student via email so a valid email address is needed for this mode of application.
The Josad's Curriculum focuses on building three major classes of skills that ensure excellence in all facets of life. These are :
- basic skills of reading, writing and mathematics
- thinking skills(creativity), listening skills, information processing, decision making, problem solving, reasoning, understanding of the environment, sense of self and others
- personal skills of responsibility, self esteem, team work and collaboration.
Subjects offered include :
- English Language
- One major Nigeria Language (Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa)
- Social Studies,Commerce, Accounts
- Creative Arts, (Music or any other fine Art)
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology
Josad's Heritage International School is basically concerned with the development of young people and their preparation for later life. As such, our vision is :
- " to tell Nigerians and our future leaders that there is still hope for qualitative education as it was in the past with much sacrifice from the teachers and everyone"
- "to nurture the child to acquire moral, social and academic instruction necessary for development and for facing the challenges of the future"