Jephthah Comprehensive Secondary School
Business Directory »
Secondary schools - Colleges
History of Our School
The Jephthah School Limited established the Jephthah Comprehensive Secondary School on the 16th of October 1995. The School vision was born out of a deep concern to contribute to the progress of secondary School education in Nigeria . It is common knowledge that the standard of education in Nigeria has fallen.
Mrs. Ifeoma Edith Chukwuogo who God gave the privilege started JCSS. She appreciates the benefits of quality education all round education of the highest quality standards. Using her God given resources she moved on to fashion a Christian School that will train up students in wisdom, in knowledge, in stature and in favour with God and man. The name Jephthah means "God Opens".
The School started with seven students, and twelve staff members in the whole school in the 1995/96 sessions, which by the grace of God increased to sixteen in the temporary site at number 2 Rumuibekwe Road, and No.1 Yenegoa Street in Rumuibekwe Housing Estate. By the very special grace of God, on the 27th day of September 1997, the school moved to its permanent site in the City of Christ on the East-west Road in the beautiful forested area of Rumuoma-Ozuoba near Port Harcourt .
The pioneer students sat for the WASC, SSCE AND NECO SSCE IN May/June 2001. This first set of 26 students did very well scoring 93% in higher institution both in Nigeria and Overseas. The School is a centre organized by the British Council. Students also sit for the SAT and TOEFL examination of the College Board of the USA .
All the honour, glory, praise and majesty belong to JESUS CHRIST who our FOUNDER, JEHOVAH GOD ALMIGHTY has given all powers in heaven and earth. It is true there is a proliferation of private secondary schools in Nigeria but, it is nonetheless easy to identify the school with a difference in terms of standard operating procedure, moral and academic excellence.
We stand to be counted among the few. The future plans of the school are in the hands of our Almighty God.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
J.C.S.S is committed to developing young adults capable of enriching our world. Our mission is to provide an environment that stimulates and encourage personal growth. Through academic and non-academic programs, we purpose to:
1) Impart the knowledge, skill and attitudes necessary to fully participate in human affairs while encouraging the desire to work toward affecting change and solving problems, consequently helping to create a better future for us all.
2) Cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills while encouraging creativity and vision in all aspects of life.
3) Develop an awareness and knowledge of interpersonal relationships by learning communication skills, conflict resolution, social responsibility, and respect for authority.
4) Forte an awareness of the consequences of actions, a willingness to accept responsibility for individual behaviour.
5) Promote a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, foster an appreciation of the Word of God, and inspire each student to deepen his or her walk with Christ.
6) Encourage an appreciation for God's creation and promote a balanced stewardship of the resources entrusted to men.
7) Honour the sanctity of life and promote an understanding of various people's background.
8) Promote positive, creative and safe ways of having fun.
Knowledge, Truth and Light
Blue, White, Black and Red
A Student with a Shield and a Sword (An Ambassador)
J.C.S.S is committed to developing young adults capable of enriching our world. Our mission is to provide environment that stimulates and encourage personal growth. Through academic and non-academic programs, we purpose to:
- Impart the knowledge, skill and attitudes necessary to fully participate in human affairs while encouraging the desire to work toward affecting change and solving problems, consequently helping to create a better future for us all.
- Cultivate critical thinking and problem – solving skills while encouraging creativity and vision in all aspects of life.
- Develop an awareness and knowledge of interpersonal relationships by learning communication skills, conflict resolution, social responsibility, and respect for authority
- Foster an awareness of the consequences of actions, a willingness to accept responsibility for individual behavior.
- Promote a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, foster an appreciation of the Word of God, inspire each student to deepen his or her walk with Christ.
- Encourage an appreciation for God's creation and promote a balanced steward of the resources entrusted to men.
- Honour the sanctity of life and promote an understanding of various people's background.
- Promote positive, creative and sane ways of having fun.
- SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
ABOUT THE SENIOR SCHOOL
- The senior school was established on October 6, 1995. The school is approved by the Rivers State Government and has 170 academic and non academic staff members. It is a full boarding school and Student -Teacher ratio is 9:1.
- Our students are our future therefore we strive daily to equip them academically, physically, spiritually, mentally, socially and in every positive way possible; so that they can successfully face the challenges in senior school and life beyond secondary school.
- The academic programme of the senior school which is fun – filled, challenging and rewarding runs for three academic sessions. Therefore, to prepare for these responsibilities, the senior school offers periodic guidance and counselling, career talks by professionals, relevant excursions / educational tours and interactive sessions with students.
- The school is well equipped with appropriate facilities such as a computerised resource centre, well stocked and up - to - date library for general use and one especially for SS3 students, modern foods and nutrition laboratory, science laboratories and sports facilities to ensure an all - round and balanced development as well as meet their local and international examination needs.
- The school has also been approved as a centre for Cambridge, TOEFL and SAT which is very functional. Furthermore, the school has established contacts with Universities / Colleges in Nigeria, Ghana, Canada, Malaysia, the UK and USA to facilitate a smooth transition for our students after their graduation from SS3.
- With these structures in place, our students can confidently express themselves and compete favourably with their peers around the globe.
- My sincere commendations to the highly dedicated and competent team of academic staff in the senior school, students and parents who have become members of this wonderful community.
- * Science Department:
- Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- * Mathematics Department:
- Subjects: Mathematics, Further Mathematics
- * Vocational/Social Sciences:
- Subjects: Food & Nutrition, Agricultural Science, Commerce, Technical Drawing, Economics Geography, Government
- * Languages/Arts:
- Subjects: English Language, English Literature, French, C. R. K.
EVENTS IN THE SENIOR SCHOOL
EXAMINATIONS TAKEN IN THE SENIOR SCHOOL
- National Examination Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examination - Compulsory
- West Africa Examination council (WAEC) - Compulsory
- Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) - Compulsory
- GCE O' Level (Cambridge) - Compulsory
- SAT (Optional)
- TOEFL (Optional)
- Canadian Placement Test (Optional)
- OGHU COMFORT F.
- VICE PRINCIPAL
- SENIOR SCHOOL
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
About Junior High School
- The junior school was established on October 6, 1995. The school is approved by the Rivers State Government and the National Examination Council of Nigeria as a center for the JSCE examinations (State and NECO). The junior school has 25 academic and non academic staff members. The School is a full boarding and Student-Teacher ratio is 10:1. ADMISSION INTO JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL Admission forms for entrance into JS1 are available for sale from January while entrance examinations are conducted around 3rd Saturday of the month of March.Results are out by the end of March and Amission letters are issued to successfull candidates. Admission is based on merit and we do not encourage mid-stream intake.
- DEPARTMENTS AND SUBJECTS OFFERED IN THE JUNIOR SCHOOL
- • ARTS AND LANGUAGE DEPARTMENT, • English Language • French • Christian Religious Education • Music • Fine Art • Social Studies •
- SCIENCE DEPARTMENT • Integrated Science • Mathematics • Physical and Health Education • Computer Studies 3.
- VOCATIONAL DEPARTMENT • Home Economics • Introductory Technology • Agricultural Science • Business Studies
- EXAMINATIONS TAKEN IN THE JUNIIOR SCHOOL • National Examination Council (NECO) Junior School Certificate Examination • Rivers State Junior School Certificate Examination
EVENTS IN THE JUNIOR SCHOOL
Our vision is to be best Secondary School in Nigeria for academic and educational support services. Jephthah is dedicated to the mission of providing all admitted students with a foundation for lifetime achievement in academic, social and spiritual pursuits. All Jephthah Staff are partners in striving towards helping all students achieve success. As a Christian School our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Blood and Righteousness. As you join us for this lifetime adventure-feel at home.
Remember, all true Jepthites stand tall as did Jephthah in the book of judges in the Holy Bible “then the spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah.. so Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them, and the Lord delivery them into his hands” Judges 11:29-32.
The Holy Spirit of God that guides us at Jephthah Comprehensive Secondary school is the same great Spirit that came upon Jephthah the Gileadite. Jephthah led the Israelites to victory. Jephthah became victorious by the Spirit of God and it is the same spirit that carries through our lifestyle today in JCSS. We are people of faith in God Heb. 11:32b. This is our year…
First Trimester: 18th September to 18th December 2010
Second Trimester: 8th January to 9th April 2011
Third Trimester: 30th April to July 2011
News and Upcoming Events
Jephthah Comprehensive Secondary School has many upcoming events for our members. Please refer to this page to find out about upcoming services, meetings, events and other church related information.
We will also be posting news bulletins or pertinent information regarding our church, community, ministries or staff. The calender will also list these items as well. Make sure you print out our church calendar each month for easy reference.
Please contact us to get more information about any of these upcoming events or if you wish to add an item to our schedule.
Jephthah Comprehensive Secondary School@YAHOO.COM