IBETO CEMENT COMPANY LTD VICTORIA ISLAND
Business Directory »
Manufacture / Production »
The Ibeto Group commenced business in the cement sector in 1997 with the importation of ship-loads of bagged Portland cement through the Apapa ports.
The company was conceived in 2001 following the Federal Government ban of the importation of cement in bags and the institution of a new policy of bulk importation and local bagging.
Located in Bundu Ama, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, it started producing bagged cement at its Bagging Terminal in June 2005. The Terminal is an ultra-modern bagging plant with a Flat-storage capacity of 50,000 metric tons and a production capacity of 1,500,000 tons per annum which translates to a production capacity of not less than 6,000 metric tons per day. It has two (2) production lines, each with a capacity of 2700 of 50kg bags per hour or designed total production capacity of 5400 of 50kg bags per hour. This means that nine (9) trucks of 600 bags each will be loaded every hour. It also has a third production line for big bags of 1500 kilograms, popularly known as the Big Bag Plant and yet a fourth production line for Bulk Cement powder which is loaded on special cement trucks fitted with tanks and discharge pumps.
A modern Jetty that can take in ships of over 190 metres in length with a sophisticated Ship-Unloader was constructed at the waterfront as an integral part of the facilities.
In further response to the Federal Government’s call for a total shift from mere ‘bagging’ to actual production of cement locally, The Ibeto Group has started work on a 5-million tonnes per annum Cement Manufacturing Plant in Effium, Ebonyi State.
EASTERN BULKCEM COMPANY LTD.
This is a subsidiary of Ibeto Cement Company Limited and is also engaged in the business of importation of bulk cement and bagging of same in its factory premises in Rumuolumeni waterfront, Rivers State. This company also owns 60% of Nigeria Cement Company Plc (NIGERCEM), Nkalagu, Ebonyi State. This situation has empowered Ibeto Cement to commence the expeditious resuscitation of the old Nigercem plant and the construction of a brand new dry-process plant.
- To become a global company admired for its superior quality products and services.
- To engage in the manufacturing and distribution of high quality products that best meet the needs of local and international markets with a fair return to our stake holders.
- To provide rewarding careers for our employees through a quality work environment that assures their commitments to the organization and enables them to actualize their dreams.
- To remain an exemplary and corporate citizen.
- Whatever is profitable must also be honest, and whatever is honest must also be profitable.
- To separate profit from honesty is to pervert the first principle of nature.
What We Do
- Photographic Processing
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Real Estate
- Bulk importation of commodities
- Clearing & Forwarding
- Cooking & Industrial Gas
- Cement Bagging
- Crude Oil Marketing
- Gas Gathering & LPG Distribution
- We take care of our people and our people take care of the business.