Glory Christian Ministry- Lagos, Nigeria
Business Directory »
About Us Glory Christian Ministries is a fulfillment of a God inspired vision through His servant, Dr. I.S James. From a humble beginning through God's guidance, the vision has become a reality, impacting the lives of millions ever since its establishment.
Founded on the 12th of January 1992, the Church was formally commissioned and dedicated on the 8th of March of the same year. The name of the ministry is a reflection of the prophetic destiny of the church. Indeed, over the past 19 years of our existence, countless lives have been blessed through the ministry, its television outreach and other avenues of the ministry.
We have witnessed the hand of the Lord doing mighty works in the lives of our people, many have been saved, homes and marriages have been restored and our people have made tremendous improvements in their personal lives.
Glory Christian Ministries is located in Ijesha-tedo, a predominantly middle and lower class populated area, a few minutes’ drive from the church is Surulere, one of the most central urban populated parts of Lagos.
We continue to witness the hand of the Lord doing mighty works in the lives of our people, and testimonies abound concerning lives that have been saved, homes and marriages restored and of people making tremendous improvements in their personal lives.
Ours is a 3-phased vision of “Doing the work of an evangelist. …Equipping the saints for the work of ministry …Preparing them for glory…” (2Tim.4:5; Eph.4:12; Is.60:1-3).
By vision, we mean the central expressed prophetic purpose of our ministry. However, our definition of purpose contains not only the work of the Lord we are called to do, but also our concept of the character, nature and personality of the Lord Jesus Christ we are to express.
UNDERSTANDING THE VISION
Just as the Lord said to Habakkuk to "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it”, we consider a proper comprehension of our vision essential to its fulfillment. We consider it the only way to run the race with prophetic accuracy and self restraint.
Our singular passion is to impact our membership with the evangelistic dimension of God’s call – to raise a people who will become God’s epistle of ‘Practical and Responsible Christianity’ to an increasingly cynical world. Our desire is also to be a people of the Word, empowered by the Holy Spirit to live above the standards of this present world, reflecting God’s character and Kingdom lifestyle in our generation.
We also seek to be a people committed to righteousness and holy living, having the right spirituality to attract and shine forth God’s Glory, Honor, Substance, Splendor, Power, Wealth, Influence, Dignity and Excellence to REIGN (occupy) here on earth even before His glorious return.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Communicating the Power and the Values of Practical and Responsible Christianity (PRC).
What We Believe
OUR TENETS OF FAITH (WE BELIEVE)
1. In the Divinely inspired Word of God as contained in the 39 books of the old Testament and the 27 books of the New Testament of the Holy Bible (Prov.30:5-6; 2Tim.3:16; 2Pet. 1:21).
2. In the Triune God consisting of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They are co-existent, co-eternal and co-equal (Matt.3:16-17; 28:19; Jn.14:25-26; 2Cor.13:14).
3. In the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and in the Crucifixion, Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Is.7:14; Lk.1:26-36; 24:46).
4. In the universal sinfulness of man, and in his inability to save himself unless through repentance and identification with and by the Substitutionary death and atonement through the blood of Jesus Christ (Jer.17:9; Ps.51:5; Matt.1:21; 26:28; Eph.2:8).
5. In the Sanctification and Purification of the human heart by the word of God and by absolute surrender and consecration to the Lord Jesus Christ perfecting Holiness (Jn.17:17; 1Thess.4:7; Tit.2:11; Heb.12:14).
6. In the one true Church, the Body of Christ composed of all believers truly washed in the blood of Jesus (Matt.16:18; Eph.2:11-22; Col.1:18-23).
7. In the importance of the Fruit of the Holy Spirit in producing Godly character and the baptism of the Holy Spirit as endowment of power from on high for world evangelism (Gal.5:22-23; Lk.24:49; Acts 1:5-8).
8. That the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and Divine Healing are for us today (Ex.15:26; Ps.103:1-5; Matt.8:16-17; 1Cor.12:1-11; Jam.5:14-16).
9. That marriage is a lifetime union between a man and a woman, and monogamy as the God ordained practice and teaching in the Bible (Gen.2:24; Matt.19:3-12; Rom.7:2-3).
10. In the reality of heaven and hell, the visible and soon return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Resurrection of the death, some to
OUR BASIC VALUES & PRINCIPLES
† Our Vision empowers each one of us.
† Our values give us character or uniqueness.
† Practical & Responsible Christianity (PRC).
† Integrity in every aspect of life e.g. family, business, relationships, etc.
† Preaching/Teaching the uncompromising, undiluted Word.
† A ‘spirit of excellence’.
† A blessed and successful life contented in Jesus.
OUR STRATEGY FOR FULFILLMENT
In our Mission to fulfill our Vision, we consider the following steps as basically a checklist on how to accomplish the task the Lord has committed into our hands.
1. To build strong territorial churches founded on the apostolic and prophetic input with Jesus Christ Himself being the cornerstone (Eph.2:20), providing a platform for executing God’s purposes for His church.
2. To raise a people with ‘Kingdom Mentality’, instead of a ‘bless me’ attitude who are totally committed to God and His purposes on earth. We are a Transformation as well as a Reformation centre – a place where many down trodden can be raised up to fulfill their life’s purposes, and show forth the riches of His glory physically and spiritually.
3. We are a platform for training and raising laborers for God’s end time harvest. We are a Training centre!
4. By creating an atmosphere conducive to praise and worship, reverence of God, pursuit of righteousness and true holiness, prevailing prayer and His abiding Presence, we give opportunity for the full expression of His glory.
5. In line with our Mission statement and emphasis on Practical and Responsible Christianity (PRC), we preach the undiluted and life transforming Word of God, paying particular attention to its practicality and present relevance.
6. Purity and Sound doctrine – 2Cor.2:17; 4:2; 2Tim.1:13.
7. By setting men free from the shackles of man-made traditions and dead religious practices through a powerful declaration of God’s Word and strong demonstration of His Spirit bringing about a change in mentality, lifestyle, attitude and behaviour – freeing them to fulfill their destinies and serve God acceptably.
8. To be always progressive and relevant in our attitude and thoughts, striving for excellence and maintaining focus; identifying with any particular restorative move of the Holy Spirit (2Cor.3:18).
9. To unite, pray, give and demonstrate our responsibility for the fulfillment and successful implementation of the Vision.
10. Our emphasis is to be Practical in all that Christ has taught us. People want to see and not hear only!
Located right on the popular and the ever busy Apapa – Oshodi Expressway in Ijesha-tedo, Lagos, no one driving by will ever miss this beautiful 'The Gloryland Dome'. Sitting on about four and half acres of land space, and presently undergoing some major renovations, the main auditorium can seat over three thousand worshippers with all modern amenities provided for the comfort of worshippers. A smaller building houses the children church and a mini clinic that also serve the church host community.
Pastor Ben Chiadika
Pastor Ben is the resident pastor (Glory Christian Ministries) GCM.
The ministerial team under the supervision of the General Overseer is headed by Pastor Ben Chiadika. The team is a beautiful blend of seasoned and experienced men and women, young and old, whose diverse ministerial training, callings and gifting makes one formidable team able to minister to every need of the many worshippers. He is an accomplished actor, script writer and Director. Currently, he is the resident pastor and oversees the church administration. He is married with children.
Pastor Ronald Ekezie King
Pastor in charge of Family Life and Counselling. A certified counselor and member of the International Network of Christian Counsellors. Holds degrees in Geography and Regional Planning, Christian Education and Counselling. Author of government approved books in career counselling. Currently heads the Association of Christian Counsellors of Nigeria and engages in Training, Public speaking, Marriage and Career counselling. He is married with two children.
Pastor Uche Helen Uche
Holds a B.Sc. degree in Marketing as well as a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in Banking and Finance from University of Nigeria. She is married with three children. She presently oversees our Outreach and Evangelical Department.
Pastor in Charge of Training and Development. Holds a B.Th, M.Th and Ph.D degrees in Theology. He is an employee of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He is married with children.
Pastor Patrick O. Ogbuagu
Pastor Feyisara E. Ojugo
email@example.com Holds a B.Sc and M.Sc degree in Chemistry from the University of Lagos, and is presently the Assistant Principal (Secondary), Green Springs School, Lekki, Lagos. She is married and is the Pastor in charge of our Children’s Church.
Pastor Joseph Osim
He holds a diploma in theology. A member of the Nigerian Institute of Executive Secretaries and Administrators. He is married with
+234-806 059 9144 +234-805 556 5554 +234 -01-791 8833
Apapa – Oshodi Express Way P.O.Box 374, Ijeshatedo Lagos, Nigeria.
Glory Christian Ministry