First City Monument Bank
Business Directory »
Banking / Finance »
FCMB is the flagship company of the First City Group, one of Nigeria's leading comprehensive financial services providers. From its early origins in investment banking as City Securities Limited in 1977, FCMB (established in 1982) has emerged as one of the leading financial services institutions in Nigeria, a top 10 bank with subsidiaries that are market leaders in their respective segments.
FCMB was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 20 April 1982 and granted a banking license on 11 August 1983. On 15 July 2004, the Bank changed its status from a private limited liability company to a public limited liability company and was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange by introduction on 21 December 2004.
The Bank completed the acquisition of FinBank Plc in February 2012 and subsequently merged with FinBank in October 2012. Following the merger, the FCMB Group now has 2 million customers, 275 branches and cash-centres spread across every state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a presence in the United Kingdom (through its FSA-authorised investment banking subsidiary, FCMB UK) and a representative office in the Republic of South Africa.
- We play by the rules (regulatory, laws of our operating jurisdiction and our own code of conduct).
- We uphold absolute integrity and we honour our promises.
- We conduct ourselves well in the office, treat everyone we come into contact with respectfully.
- We maintain a neat and tidy appearance and environment.
- We adhere to high ethical standards.
- We nurture the capacity to endure.
- We strive to maintain high quality earnings through diversified and repeatable revenue sources.
- We abide the sustainability principles of the Nigerian banking industry which promotes a positive social and environmental impact of the organization and the banking industry.
- We maintain appropriate business continuity strategies in respect of our people, premises, technology and information.
- The voice of the customer sets our priorities.
- We seek to achieve the highest levels of customer loyalty and advocacy measured by our Net Promoter Score.
- We are supportive, listening, empathetic, responsive and proactive towards our customers’ needs.
- We strive to build long lasting relationships with our customers and genuinely care about their success.
- We remain economically rational in all that we do with our customers. In other words, our customer driven decisions must create economic value for our shareholders
- We maintain the highest operating standards (people, processes, environment, appearance, infrastructure, suppliers, financial, customer, compliance and risk metrics).
- Best in class ( We benchmark our performance against the leading African banking groups and segment leaders in all SBU’s).
- We focus on continuous improvement in everything we do.