Image: DAAR Logo
Since its founding in 1988, DAAR Communications Plc and its affiliated subsidiaries have remained faithful to their commitment to produce unparalleled entertainment experiences based on the rich legacy of quality creative content and exceptional delivery.
The Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international broadcasting and media enterprise with three business segments: Africa Independent Television-AIT, Raypower100.5FM, DAARSAT-Direct-to-Home Satellite TV.
DAAR Group Brands
- DAARSAT is DAAR Communications pay-TV service on the digital terrestrial platform. The service launched in October 2008 allows customers to receive some of DAARSAT's most popular programming, including live Sports, Documentaries and Hollywood films. DAARSAT Direct to Home [DTH] pay-TV offering uses High Definition technology to broadcast a majority of its channels.
- Raypower100FM is the radio broadcasting service of DAAR Communications plc. Raypower100FM provides a wide range of programming for broadcast on its two FM channels i.e. 100.5FM and 106.5FM, promoting a positive view of Nigeria and Africa. Its day-to-day operations are supported by the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC).
- African Independent television is the second largest commercial television network in Africa, broadcasting the most talked about television and making a major contribution to Africa’s culture, economy and communities. Its programming mix includes more on the top entertainment, soaps, drama, lifestyle, news and sport shows.
Upon its launch, AIT was the first channel to provide 24-hour television news coverage.
- AIT News is the department of the AIT responsible for news and current affairs output. Africa’s second largest broadcast news organisation, it generates each day about 120 hours of radio and television, as well as online news coverage.
- AIT International is an English language general entertainment channel showing predominantly News, Sports, Current Affairs, Movies, drama and soap programmes of African origin to countries outside Africa.
The channel is currently in the General Entertainment genre of the Electronic Programming Guide of SKY Television 187 and was only recently encrypted.
DAARSAT’s new Direct To Home [DTH] pay-TV offering will use High Definition technology to broadcast the channels. Customers will sign up through a dealer pay a monthly subscription to get the service through a conventional decoder/digital TV box.
Do you have a question, comment, suggestion or news tip to pass along to DAAR Communications Plc? If you have a question or comment, please use the contact form on the website: http://daargroup.com/contacts.php