Citibanks Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria
Business Directory »
Banking / Finance »
Citi has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi's global brand and identity.Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services and wealth management.Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
In early 2009, Citi organized the company into Citicorp and Citi Holdings - crystallizing the company's focus on its core banking operations. Citicorp represents Citi's core banking businesses and future growth opportunities, and Citi Holdings contains businesses and assets that are not core to the future of Citi. Citicorp includes the company's core global institutional and retail banking operations and serves businesses and consumers around the world. The Citicorp segment is focused on providing best-in-class products and services to grow the franchise profitably, reduce volatility and leverage the company's competitive advantages.
Citi and its management team are continuing to build on the progress the company has made by remaining focused on the following strategic priorities:
- Generating long-term profitability and growth from Citicorp, which comprises our core franchise
- Managing and optimizing the assets and businesses within Citi Holdings
Citi's strategy for the future is clear. We are completely focused on the key forces driving global growth in financial services: value-added services (like cash management), the flows of world trade, capital and business and the growth of emerging markets. We are executing on this strategy with three objectives:
- Shift the company even more into a client-driven services model, with a business mix of one-third services, one-third institutional and one-third consumer;
- Capitalize on both our strong presence in emerging markets and our global capabilities to generate growth in every product in every region; and
- Develop Citi into the most client-centric and innovative company in our industry, in order to deepen and extend our competitive advantages