Bodyboost Fitness and Health Club, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Business Directory »
Bodyboost Fitness & Health Club (wholely owned by P.M.C. Nigeria Limited company) was formally opened on the 10th July 2010, as a Gym and Day Spa.
It was borne out of the need to create awareness and provide a conducive environment especially for the white collar, sedentary ladies and gentlemen in Nigeria, most of whom still see exercise and fit foods as not necessary.
It is a known fact that exercise and healthy diets are not only keys to fitness and prevention of many diseases, especially, hypertension, Diabetes mellitus, arthritis, heart diseases, high cholesterol related ailments, cancer etc, but are contributory to the cure of many ailments.
Bodyboost Health and Fitness Club is conveniently located in a spacious, well - finished facility at plot F/6D Abacha Road, GRA Phase III (the former UK visa office) Port Harcourt, Nigeria. It is owned by professionals with deep passion for fitness and manned by fitness, nutrition and health specialists. It is set up to meet your needs and help achieve your fitness goals, with membership types that hug in all places, irrespective of one’s fitness status or experience.
- Gymnasium Facilities
- Fitness Classes and Dietary Advice
- Spa: Massage Therapy, Sauna and Steam bath
- Physical Therapy
- Personal Training
- Health and Fitness Evaluation
- Smoothies and Fresh Fruit Juice Bar/Fit Foods Eatery
- Fitness Clothes, Accessories & Supplements shop
- Yoga and Pilates
- Wellness Seminar/ Retreats
- Boot Camp
- Table Tennis
It is our mission to make All our members Fit and
Healthy by imbibing Healthy Lifestyles in a
Conducive, Friendly and Safe Environment, using
Well Trained and Highly Motivated staff.
We conduct three aerobic sessions in the morning and two in the evening
DANCE CLASS SESSION
First class: 6.45am – 7.45am
Second class: 8am – 9am
Third class: 9.05am – 10.05am
First class: 6.00pm – 7.00pm
Second class: 7.00pm – 8.00pm
Benefits of Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments?
Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Thus, massage is the application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body, generally intended to reduce stress and fatigue while improving circulation; one of the oldest healing arts. And, as many millions will attest, massage also helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living that can lead to disease and illness.
TYPES OF MASSAGE WE OFFER
FITNESS/SPORT MASSAGE: 45mins
The exotic combination of shiatsu, Indonesia, Thai and Swedish techniques were created to isolate muscles group. It improves blood circulation, tones, and relieves muscle tension and soreness often experienced during and after exercise and a stressful day.
HOT-STONE MASSAGE: 60mins
From the energy of earth, the hot stones bring the healing power of touch to relax the muscle, stimulate the circulation and immune system. Hot stones are rolled over the body with determined pressure. Afterwards the stones are placed on the energy points of the body to encourage the body’s healing potential.
RELAXATION MASSAGE: 45mins
This is a full body massage using palm and fingertip strokes to apply the house blend of essential oils to increase blood circulation, relaxation and healing.
REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGE: 30-40mins
An ancient healing therapy, the pressure points in the feet are stimulated to increase the flow of energy, through the body to improve circulation, toxins, reduce tension all over the body and awakes the senses.
AROMATHERAPY MASSAGE: 45mins
This is a nurturing and relaxing massage that will ease a balance of the body, mind and spirit. It works along the pathways of the energy lines. A choice of aromatic pure essentials oil will leave your body relaxed, smooth and regenerated.
STRESS RELIEF: 30mins
This is a massage performed concentrating on the shoulders, neck and head to loosen tight muscle, release tension and stress after a hard working day.
CHINESE STICK MASSAGE: 60mins
This is a deep tissue massage with the ancient healing therapy like the reflexology. The pressure points on the back, shoulder and legs stimulates the increase of energy through the entire body and helps with vitality and flexibility.
Benefits of Steam Bath and Sauna
SAUNA AND STEAM BATH
- IMPROVES BLOOD CIRCULATION
- CLEANSES AND REJUVENATES THE SKIN
- EASES STRESS AND PROMOTES FEELING OF RELAXATION AND WELL BEING
- ENHANCE DETOXIFICATION PROCESSES
- EASES RESPIRATORY DIFFICULTIES (STEAM)
The gym runs from Monday to Sunday.
6.00am – 9.00pm: Monday to Saturdays
3.00pm – 8.00pm: on Sundays