ANGLICAN GIRLS GRAMMAR SCHOOL Abuja
Business Directory »
Secondary schools - Colleges
Anglican Girls Grammar School is visioned to provide a model that could arrest the decay in our society. This is in keeeping with the tradition of Church Missionary Society (CMS) schools of Old. We strongly believe that sound education should be able to facilitate moral rebirth, spiritual balancing and the raising up of God fearing future leaders. Theodore Roosevelt once said "to educate a man (woman) in mind and not in moral educate a penance to society..
It should please you to know that optimism does wonders. Nothing helps as much as seeing the bright side of life. This school has come to be, despite all odds and attempts to stiffle it. We love the greatest opportunity of leading children.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Anglican Girls Grammar School is located along Apo in Gudu District of Abuja. The school is a mission school belonging to the Anglican Communion Diocese of Abuja. The most Rev. P.J. Akinola being the proprietor. The school took off on the 3rd of September, 2001 with a total number of twenty three staff. On the first day of school being 7th of September, 2001, a total number of six students reported as pioneer students. Their names are:
- Miss Jennifer Ogor
- Miss Oluwapemi Ogunmola
- Miss Oghogho Afieno
- Miss Mariam Yusuf
- Miss Iyanu Kehinde
- Miss Oluwapemi Ogunmola
- Miss Zainab Aruna
Objectives of establishing the school
- To prepare every child to know and serve God
- To prepare every child to appreciate the values of services to humanity and to embrace the dignity of labour
- To prepare every child to recognize the need for services and obedience to the nation
- To create employment opportunity for qualified Nigerians
- To assist the government in educating Nigerian childre
- There are twenty four (24) Classrooms.
- The laboratories i.e. Physics, Chemistry,Biology etc are all well equipped
- The administrative block has a big examination hall upstairs, ICT room, two large staff rooms, the library, staff offices downstairs.
- There are two storey buildings and one bungalow hostels.
- The dinning hall is functional with tables and benches
- A storey building serving as Language laboratory, Music/Fine Art, Games Room and sick bay has just been completed.
- Staff quarter housing about 45% of the staff population.
Water supply in the school is constant.Electricity problem is minimal. We have a standby BCJA 250 KVA generating set.
A.G.G.S participated in many competitions at zonal, state and national levels. We have won several laurels in the past: among them are:
|FCT French Drama-June, 2007
||Radio/CD Player and books/td>
|National French Drama-Dec, 2007
||Two weeks holiday in Togo and books
|Sachez-le(National) French Competition-July, 2007
||Two weeks holiday in France
|Poetry(FCT Secondary Schools)-March, 2007
|FCT Sec. Schools Athletic Competition-March, 2008
||2 Gold Medals,2 Bronze Medals
||One Laptop, Four 21" TV Sets, 2 DVDs
|Whatz up Drama Competition-Nov, 2007
|Common Wealth Essay Competition-Nov, 2007
|National Human Rights Essay Competition-Nov, 2007
|Inter Schools Quiz Competition-Nov, 2007
|ICT Competition Organised by Fed. Min. of Education
||Motivational Books and a set of Branded Desktop Computers